Massage Therapy is the manual manipulation of structures in the body such as ligaments, tendons, connective tissue, muscles, blood vessels, organs and other soft tissues. The practice of massage therapy is the assessment of soft tissue and joints of the body for the treatment and prevention of dysfunction, injury, pain, and physical disorders, as well as promote relaxation and well being to decrease mental pressure.
Do not come in if you are sick, if you think you’re sick, might be sick, feeling sick, or come in contact with someone who is. Unfortunately this includes allergies and is non negotiable. A Better U Massage Therapy reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
1. Forms- Covid questionnaire and consent- questions will be asked at appointment reminders, posters at buildings front door, office door and will be asked again before treatment, along with signing consent forms. Clients are asked to fill out health history and questionnaire online prior to treatment.
2. Arrival and waiting room- clients are asked to remain in vehicle until 5 mins before their treatment to reduce traffic in waiting room. Clients are asked to come alone, due to size of treatment room, no spouses or children. Please wear or bring socks. Upon arrival all clients must use provided hand sanitizer or wash hands.
3. Hand sanitizer will be provided in waiting area, bathroom, hall sink, and treatment room, to be used on arrival and departure.
4. Masks- clients and therapist must wear a mask, a disposable one will be provided.
5. Cleaning and sanitizing- all linens including blanket are a 1 time use, and therapist will be changing clothes. All high touch surfaces will be wiped: massage table, face cradle, front table legs, chair, lamp, door handles, light switches, oil bottles, pens , pin pad, iPad, side table, plate, handrails, desk, sink, and faucet. Bathroom is cleaned after every use. Clients will be scheduled 30 mins apart to ensure adequate cleaning time.
6. Not provided- table warmer, hot stones, heating pad, hot towel, or cups of water.
7. Bottled water will be provided.
8. Cancellation policy- if you have symptoms or been in contact with anyone who does, or has travelled, rescheduled ASAP, fees will be waived. However, “no shows” will still be subject to the 100% cancellation fee. Treatment times will be strictly adhered to, all appointments will end on time, regardless if client is late, in order to provide adequate cleaning times.
Please be mindful of social distancing protocols 2m at all times in the building.
Above is subject to change as more information and requirements are available.
A Better U Massage Therapy thanks you for your understanding and continued support.